ABOUT OUR TREES…
- Our trees are approximately 3-4 feet tall. strong>
- The trees are planted in a container that is specifically made for pecan trees.
- They have a 2 year root (meaning the nut has been planted for 2 years). Larger trees have 3 year root.
- They have a 1 year top (meaning the tree has been growing for 1 year since it was grafted to be a specific variety). Larger trees have a 2 year top
- All of our trees are Elliot rootstock which is chosen for its strong root system.
- Most pecan trees will be 5-7 years old before they produce pecans. Production depends on the variety of tree, soil, water application, spray program and weather. Earliest production may be 4 years with the right conditions and care.
ABOUT THE VARIETIES OF TREES WE OFFER…
As of May 2013 Pawnee variety available only!
- Pawnee- fast grower, early producer, requires less maintenance than some of the other varieties. We feel this is the best yard tree.
3-4 foot 1-99 trees $49.95 100-200 trees $46.95
We have pollinator trees planted in some areas of our orchards and in other areas we do not. Therefore, from our experience pollinators are not required, but will not hurt.
Here is information if you are interested:
- Early Pollen Shedding Varieties: Desirable, Pawnee, Cheyenne
- Late Pollen Shedding Varieties: Wichita, Choctaw, Kiowa
- Pecan South Magazine: Phone: 979-846-3285 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 4348 Carter Creek Pkwy., Suite 101 Bryan, TX 77802
- Texas A & M University: Extension publications can be found @ https://agrilifebookstore.org/
For more information contact your local county extension office.
They have many great and informative publications about pecans and trees.
- Bastrop County Extension Office: 512-581-7186
- Travis County Extension Office, Master Gardener: 512-854-9600