Berdoll’s prides itself on providing the highest quality pecan trees available.
We hope you find the following information helpful
when selecting a pecan tree from us.
ABOUT OUR TREES…
- Our large Pawnee trees are 8-10 feet tall.
- The trees are planted in a container that is specifically made for pecan trees.
- Large trees have a 3 year root.
- Large trees have a 2 year top.
- All of our trees are Elliot rootstock which is chosen for its strong root system.
- Most pecan trees will be 5-7 years old before they produce pecans. Production depends on the variety of tree, soil, water application, spray program and weather. Earliest production may be 4 years with the right conditions and care.
ABOUT THE VARIETIES OF TREES WE OFFER…
As of February 2016 Pawnee and Choctaw varieties available only.
- Pawnee-fast grower, early producer, requires less maintenance than some of the other varieties. We feel this is the best yard tree.
- Choctaw-Is a good yard tree, yields a larger nut, makes a beautiful yard tree
Large trees and they are 1-99 $69.99, 100-200 $66.99
Choctaw trees are limited availability. Only Large 8-10 foot tall available.
We have pollinator trees planted in some areas of our orchards and in other areas we do not. Therefore, from our experience pollinators are not required, but will not hurt.
Here is information if you are interested:
- Early Pollen Shedding Varieties:  Desirable, Pawnee, Cheyenne
- Late Pollen Shedding Varieties:  Wichita, Choctaw, Kiowa
- Pecan South Magazine:  Phone: 979-846-3285     Email: email@example.com
Address: 4348 Carter Creek Pkwy., Suite 101 Bryan, TX 77802
- Texas A & M University:  Extension publications can be found @ https://agrilifebookstore.org/
For more information contact your local county extension office.
They have many great and informative publications about pecans and trees.
- Bastrop County Extension Office:  512-581-7186
- Travis County Extension Office, Master Gardener:  512-854-9600